I must admit, I have butterflies in my stomach. I’ve been invited to blog and tweet during the World Renewable Energy Forum 2012 in Denver, Colorado, May 13-17. There really aren’t enough positive adjectives to describe how remarkable this event is going to be. There are hundreds of presentations on renewable energy and sustainability topics being presented by speakers from all over planet Earth. I was hoping that I could clone myself so that I could attend every single presentation.
Here’s a link to the full list of presentation titles and below is just a tiny sampling of the diverse topics at this years WREF:
- Quantum Dots, Nanoscience and the Future of Photovoltaics
- The Mexican Earthen Roof, An Ancient Antecedent to The European Green Roof
- Approaches for Planning and Implementing Sustainable Energy Growth in a Complex World
- Hispanics and their Solar Energy Adoption Patterns
- Rural Solar Electrification in Nigeria: Renewable Energy Potentials and Distribution for Rural Development
Some of the sessions will use the “Ignite” presentation method. Speakers using the “Ignite” method use just 20 slides that auto-advance every 15 seconds for a total presentation time of just five minutes. The Ignite method really forces a speaker to get to the crux of the topic being presented. These Ignite sessions will definitely be fun and engaging.
I’m honored and jazzed to spend the week with hundreds of passionate people that are working towards a more renewable, efficient, and sustainable world. I hope you’ll join us.