Berea Celebrate Solar! See what our Town has Done
Celebrate Solar Energy in our community, October 5-6, 2012.
Friday, October 5
6 pm: a reception to thank individuals and organizations who leased solar panels at the
city’s solar farm, and others who have adopted solar energy and embraced energy
Woods-Penniman Building, chestnut street, Berea college
Saturday, October 6
10 am: Presentation: solar electric and solar thermal basics for the home
Berea college appalachian Gallery, 205 n. Main street
11 am-2 pm solar and energy conservation Fair in Partnership with Berea tourism
Berea Welcome center, old town, north Broadway
- Displays by solar installers, energy auditors, builders, hardware stores and other purveyors of materials and information for home energy production and conservation.
- “Wok for solar” in partnership with the Berea Rotary club: Food cooked on the spot with hand-made wood-fired woks and served by celebrity chefs.
- Art exhibit in Partnership with the Berea arts council: young artists present their visions of Berea’s solar future.
1-5 pm solar tours and open house at BMU
- “Berea utilities Day” at BMu includes displays of utilities equipment, a close-up look at the solar farm, and free food.
- 7th annual solar tour: Berea homes and businesses open their doors for the public to view photovoltaic, solar hot water, and other solar applications. a map and guidebook will be available for these tours.