Thanks to everyone who attended Solar 2014 in San Francisco. Solar 2015 will be held at The Pennsylvania State University next July, with details to follow.
The American Solar Energy Society (ASES) held its 19th annual National Solar Tour, across the country mostly on October 4-5, 2014. Homeowners and businesses in neighborhoods across the country are opening their doors and to show what they’ve done to slash utility bills and help cut pollution from electric generating plants.
Established in 1954, the nonprofit American Solar Energy Society (ASES) is the nation’s leading association of solar professionals & advocates. ASES is the US Section of the International Solar Energy Society (ISES). Our mission is to inspire an era of energy innovation and speed the transition to a sustainable energy economy.
Leading for 60 years
- We publish the award-winning SOLAR TODAY magazine
- We Organize and present the ASES National Solar Conference.
- Take a look at the Proceedings of the 2013 National Solar Conference (SOLAR 2013).
- We Lead the ASES National Solar Tour — the largest grassroots solar event in the world
We bring the Solar and Renewable Energy Communities Together with:
- Regional Chapters in 41 states and the District of Columbia
- 7 Student Chapters at colleges across the country
- 9 Technical Divisions, with academic and engineering members from all disciplines that serve as a clearing house for basic research across all renewable-energy and energy-efficiency technologies.
ASES has 60 years of research, including scientific papers from 43 National Solar Conferences, 17 volumes of Advances in Solar Energy, 26 years of SOLAR TODAY magazine articles and dozens of policy reports commissioned by ASES.
We’d like to get them online and accessible to the world! We’ve started that process by launching a digitization campaign in SOLAR TODAY in November 2013.
The need for renewable energy is clear. Fossil fuels are putting the environment at risk. Fuel costs are volatile while pollution and climate change threaten our security and future. The time for change is now.
Help us create a sustainable energy economy.
Solar energy and energy efficiency are key to protecting the environment and growing the economy. They help tackle climate change and promote energy independence. We urgently need your support to strengthen our efforts. You can make a difference. Together, we can create a sustainable energy economy.
ASES joins with participating chapters in offering a combined membership for $60. That saves at least $10/year with most chapters.
You may use the combined membership ONLY for the following chapters:
- Northern California
- New Mexico
- New York
Begin the membership process, and at the check-out page choose your chapter.