Established in 1954, the nonprofit American Solar Energy Society (ASES) is the nation’s leading association of solar professionals & advocates. ASES is the US Section of the International Solar Energy Society (ISES). Our mission is to inspire an era of energy innovation and speed the transition to a sustainable energy economy.
Leading for 61 years
- We publish the award-winning SOLAR TODAY magazine.
- We Organize and present the ASES National Solar Conference.
- We Lead the ASES National Solar Tour — the largest grassroots solar event in the world.
We bring the Solar and Renewable Energy Communities Together with:
- Regional Chapters in 41 states and the District of Columbia
- 8 Student Chapters at colleges across the country.
- 9 Technical Divisions, with student and professional members from all disciplines that serve as a clearing house for basic research across all renewable-energy and energy-efficiency technologies.
- Emerging Professionals connections.
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the National Solar Tour, October will be National Solar Tour Month. Go on tour with the American Solar Energy Society! Homeowners and businesses in neighborhoods across the country are opening their doors and to show what they’ve done to slash utility bills and help cut pollution from electric generating plants.
ASES has 60 years of research, including scientific papers from 43 National Solar Conferences, 17 volumes of Advances in Solar Energy, 26 years of SOLAR TODAY magazine articles and dozens of policy reports commissioned by ASES.
The need for renewable energy is clear. Fossil fuels are putting the environment at risk. Fuel costs are volatile while pollution and climate change threaten our security and future. The time for change is now.
Help us create a sustainable energy economy.
Solar energy and energy efficiency are key to protecting the environment and growing the economy. They help tackle climate change and promote energy independence. We urgently need your support to strengthen our efforts. You can make a difference. Together, we can create a sustainable energy economy.
ASES joins with participating chapters in offering a combined membership for $60. That saves at least $10/year with most chapters.
You may use the combined membership ONLY for the following chapters:
- Northern California
- New Mexico
- New York
Begin the membership process, and at the check-out page choose your chapter.