Founded in 1954, the 501(c)(3) non-profit American Solar Energy Society (ASES) is the nation’s largest and most established community of solar professionals and enthusiasts dedicated to enabling a 100% renewable energy society in the United States.
To learn more about ASES current projects, we encourage you to review our 2017 Business Plan.
Our Spring 2017 issue of SOLAR TODAY features Flight without Fuel, Solar Impulse 2’s solar powered trip around the world! Our members receive the award winning SOLAR TODAY printed magazine and special discount access to the upcoming SOLAR 2017 conference being held October 9-12, 2017 in Denver, Colorado, in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon 2017. What are you waiting for? Join today!
ASES’s purpose is to continue being a catalyst and a valuable resource in the emergence (and re-evolution) of America’s new energy economy, in a way that deeply values the role of all stakeholders in a collaborative and transparent co-creative process, so that all stakeholders enthusiastically participate in advancing the legacy of solar and renewable energy to enrich the quality of life, indefinitely.
Leading the Renewable Energy Revolution for 63 years
- We publish the award-winning SOLAR TODAY magazine.
- We organize and present the ASES National Solar Conference.
- We lead the ASES National Solar Tour — the largest grassroots solar event in the world.
We bring the Solar and Renewable Energy Communities Together with:
- Regional Chapters in 41 states and the District of Columbia
- 9 Student Chapters at colleges across the country.
- 9 Technical Divisions, with student and professional members from all disciplines that serve as a clearing house for basic research across all renewable-energy and energy-efficiency technologies.
- Emerging Professionals connections.
ASES has 63 years of research, including scientific papers from 45 National Solar Conferences, 17 volumes of Advances in Solar Energy, 30 years of SOLAR TODAY magazine articles and dozens of policy reports commissioned by ASES.
The need for renewable energy is clear. Fossil fuels are putting the environment at risk. Fuel costs are volatile while pollution and climate change threaten our security and future. The time for change is now.
Help us create a sustainable energy economy.
Solar energy and energy efficiency are key to protecting the environment and growing the economy. They help tackle climate change and promote energy independence. We urgently need your support to strengthen our efforts. You can make a difference. Together, we can create a sustainable energy economy.