Founded in 1954, The American Solar Energy Society (ASES) is the nations largest and most established community of solar professionals and enthusiasts dedicated to enabling a 100% renewable energy future in the United States.
Our members receive the award winning Solar Today magazine and special discount access to the upcoming Solar 2017 Conference being held in conjunction with the 2017 DOE Solar Decathlon October, 2017 in Denver, Colorado! What are you waiting for? Join today!
ASES’s purpose is to continue being a catalyst and a valuable resource in the emergence (and re-evolution) of America’s new energy economy, in a way that deeply values the role of all stakeholders in a collaborative and transparent co-creative process, so that all stakeholders enthusiastically participate in advancing the legacy of solar and renewable energy to enrich the quality of life, indefinitely.
Leading the Renewable Energy Revolution for 62 years
- We publish the award-winning SOLAR TODAY magazine.
- We organize and present the ASES National Solar Conference.
- We lead the ASES National Solar Tour — the largest grassroots solar event in the world.
We bring the Solar and Renewable Energy Communities Together with:
- Regional Chapters in 41 states and the District of Columbia
- 9 Student Chapters at colleges across the country.
- 9 Technical Divisions, with student and professional members from all disciplines that serve as a clearing house for basic research across all renewable-energy and energy-efficiency technologies.
- Emerging Professionals connections.
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the National Solar Tour, October was National Solar Tour Month. Homeowners and businesses in neighborhoods across the country opened their doors and showed what they’ve done to slash utility bills and help cut pollution from electric generating plants. Take a look at the 2015 Solar Tour Guide for more information.
ASES has 61 years of research, including scientific papers from 44 National Solar Conferences, 17 volumes of Advances in Solar Energy, 27 years of SOLAR TODAY magazine articles and dozens of policy reports commissioned by ASES.
The need for renewable energy is clear. Fossil fuels are putting the environment at risk. Fuel costs are volatile while pollution and climate change threaten our security and future. The time for change is now.
Help us create a sustainable energy economy.
Solar energy and energy efficiency are key to protecting the environment and growing the economy. They help tackle climate change and promote energy independence. We urgently need your support to strengthen our efforts. You can make a difference. Together, we can create a sustainable energy economy.