ASES members may be recommended for Fellow Grade status any time of year. The deadline for an initial letter of nomination for 2014 nominations is WEDNESDAY May 7 at midnight PDT. You must communicate your nomination to the Committee before that date. The two required additional letters of nomination will be accepted until MONDAY May 12 at midnight PDT. The procedure is as follows:
- Any member of ASES who has been a member for at least ten consecutive years and has served with distinction in the advancement of solar energy utilization by way of research, education, public service, and/or service to ASES, is eligible for nomination to the grade of Fellow of ASES.
- An eligible member may be nominated by any three members of ASES in good standing, at least one of which is a Fellow. Each of the nominators shall provide a letter of support containing concrete examples of the nominee’s work, activities, or accomplishments that give evidence of service with distinction. . . Since at least one of the three nominators must be an existing Fellow, a non-Fellow nominator must contact a Fellow to second a nomination. See the list below for current Fellows.
- The Fellows Screening Committee will review each nomination. The Committee reserves the right to request additional information on a nominee, or to reject a nominee, if the Committee members feel that the submitted documentation is inadequate. The Committee also reserves the right to reject a nomination if it arrives past the deadline.
- The Committee discourages the submission of papers written by nominees, though such papers may be referenced in the support letters along with a URL and/or a description of the positive results of these works.
- The Committee shall recommend potential Fellows to the Board for final approval.
For more information, or to submit a nomination, please contact the ASES 2014 Fellows Screening Committee at email@example.com