This is an award to encourage women in solar to become more technically involved and is not limited to a specific solar technology.
An award for women in solar:
- To become more technically involved
- Not limited to a specific solar technology
- The nominee should show technical level of competence, technical accomplishment and/or be an outstanding educator, advocate, promoter, change agent, developer or facilitator related to solar
- Women who inspire young women to enter the sciences through educational activities or mentoring
- Must have made a significant contribution to the field
- Must have some working knowledge in a solar field
The recipient of this award does not have to be a member of ASES, but a woman who has contributed significantly to the acceptance and advancement of women in solar by meeting one or more of the following criteria:
- Advocacy/ political
- Social change/developing nations
Previous Women in Solar Award Winners
2015 Teresa Jester
2014 Barbara Harwood-Aitken
2013 Renee Azerbegi
2012 Heather Andrews (deceased), Electrical JATC of Southern Nevada and Trudy Forsyth, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
2010 Bettina Weiss, Semiconductor Equipment and Materials (SEMI)
2009 Marlene Brown, NMSEA and Sandia Labs
2008 Alison G. Kwok, University of Oregon
2007 Katherine Kent, the Solar Store
2006 Barbara Prosser Kerr, Sustainable Living Center
2005 Renate Boer, ASES and ISES boards of directors
2004 Alison Mason, Sunjuice and Cecile Warner, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
We are now accepting awards nominations. The ASES Awards reception will be held July 12, 2016 at SOLAR 2016 at The City Club of San Francisco.
Nomination Instructions: Nominations may be submitted by the nominee or by another person on behalf of the nominee.
In addition to this completed form, please include:
- Two or more letters of support of the nominee. Letters should be from individuals acquainted with the nominee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the award. Letters may be included with the nomination, or may be forwarded to the ASES office separately, using the address information below. Reference letters must also be RECEIVED by May 1, 2016.
- A one to two-page resume.
- Other supporting materials
Please submit the completed form, and send supporting documents and supporting letters by e-mail to email@example.com no later than May 1, 2016.
Incomplete application packets cannot be selected for an award.
Questions? Contact David Comis at firstname.lastname@example.org.