The American Solar Energy Society (ASES) is a community of solar advocates, enthusiasts and professionals based in the United States, and open to all.
Founded in 1954, ASES is dedicated to inspiring an era of energy innovation and speeding the transition toward a sustainable energy economy. ASES is involved in many endeavors that promote solar and renewable technologies.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, ASES is the American affiliate of the International Solar Energy Society.
Solar and Renewable Energy Publisher
ASES is a publisher of solar and energy efficient research as well as hosts an annual conference to bring the scientific community together. Along with presenting papers, hosting workshops, and an expo of manufacturers, we recognize and honor those who have worked tirelessly to advance renewable energy.
ASES has published SOLAR TODAY magazine for over 28 years. It is recognized as one of the leading voices in solar and renewable research, renewable energy culture and art, as well as architectural and solar electric advances.
ASES has a storehouse of scientific publications and research papers that has spanned over 60 years.
Over the years, the American Solar Energy Society has also published the groundbreaking studies:
- The Green-Collar Jobs report which showed that renewable energy and energy efficiency sectors generate more than 9 million jobs and $1 trillion in annual revenue in the U.S.
- Tackling Climate Change in the U.S., demonstrated how renewable energy and energy efficiency can provide the carbon emissions reductions needed to mitigate climate change.
We are working to make them available online. As they become available, we’ll link to them from this site.
National Solar Conference
Next year’s 46th Annual National Solar Conference will be in October in Denver, CO, co-located with the largest solar event in the world, the Department of Energy Solar Decathlon 2017.
- Plenary sessions and forums on the advancement of renewable energy in the US, and what is happening worldwide as a result of recent global policy decisions in renewable energy and climate change.
- Sessions for discussing pre-publication research at the forefront of renewable energy and related fields, and
- ASES Professionals meetings and other networking opportunities to broaden personal and professional communities working on the 100% renewable energy world goal.
Access a page to purchase the Proceedings from past conferences 2008 – 2015.
The National Solar Tour
ASES organizes the annual National Solar Tour, going on its 20th year.
It offers the opportunity to informally tour innovative green homes and buildings, and see how solar energy can be used efficiently.
ASES provides planning materials & support to local enthusaists looking to put together Solar Tours all across the country.
Local ASES Chapters
The ASES national office is based in Denver, CO, but ASES is local too! ASES provides support and a national voice for important local issues and news from independent chapters across the US. Visit our list of local chapters here and email / phone the leaders directly to get involved!