The American Solar Energy Society (ASES) is an association of solar professionals, advocates and enthusiasts based in the United States, and open to all.
Founded in 1954, ASES is dedicated to inspiring an era of energy innovation and speeding the transition toward a sustainable energy economy. ASES is involved in many endeavors that promote solar and renewable technologies.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, ASES is the American affiliate of the International Solar Energy Society.
Solar and Renewable Energy Publisher
ASES is a publisher of solar and energy efficient research as well as hosts an annual conference to bring the scientific community together. Along with presenting papers, hosting workshops, and an expo of manufacturers, we recognize and honor those who have worked tirelessly to advance renewable energy.
ASES has published SOLAR TODAY magazine for over 28 years. It is recognized as one of the leading voices in solar and renewable research, as well as architectural and solar electric advances.
ASES has a storehouse of scientific publications and research papers that has spanned over 60 years.
Over the years, the American Solar Energy Society has also published the groundbreaking studies:
- The Green-Collar Jobs report which showed that renewable energy and energy efficiency sectors generate more than 9 million jobs and $1 trillion in annual revenue in the U.S.
- Tackling Climate Change in the U.S., demonstrated how renewable energy and energy efficiency can provide the carbon emissions reductions needed to mitigate climate change.
We are working to make them available online. As they become available, we’ll link to them from this site.
National Solar Conference
This year’s 45th Annual National Solar Conference will be July 11-13, 2016 in San Francisco, co-located and co-conferenced with Intersolar North America.
- Plenary sessions and forums on the advancement of renewable energy in the US, and what is happening worldwide as a result of the United Nations Conference of Parties in December 2015,
- Sessions for discussing pre-publication research at the forefront of renewable energy and related fields, and
- ASES Emerging Professionals meeting and other informal networking opportunities to broaden personal and professional communities working on the 100% renewable energy world goal.
Access a page to purchase the Proceedings from past conferences 2008 – 2015.
The National Solar Tour
ASES organizes the annual National Solar Tour, going on its 20th year.
It offers the opportunity to informally tour innovative green homes and buildings, and see how solar energy can be used efficiently.