The American Solar Energy Society (ASES) General Fund is an appeal to members and stakeholders to provide ongoing financial support for ASES.
ASES is registered with Guidestar, a philanthropic accounting and monitoring listing agency. Your financial contribution will support the following projects:
- Relaunch of SOLAR TODAY magazine
- Development of academic affiliations to grow the Emerging Professionals Program, foster relationships with colleges and universities, and expedite students’ transition into clean energy jobs
- Development of a 2020 strategic plan to foster organizational development and membership growth
- Support of the 60-Year History of ASES Project to digitize ASES archives and offer free online access to preserve the ASES legacy and promote energy literacy
For more information, contact Carly Rixham at email@example.com.
- EVERY DAY, more energy falls on the lower 48 states than is used in the United States in an entire year.
- The PRICE OF PHOTOVOLTAIC CELLS HAS DROPPED 99% in the past quarter century.
- The SOLUTION to our most vexing energy and environmental problems COMES UP EVERY MORNING.
- Americans OVERWHELMINGLY SUPPORT the development of solar energy, and that support bridges political divides.
- A huge solar energy spill is a REALLY NICE DAY.
So WHY—when it’s abundant, affordable, popular, and safe—does solar account for only 0.2% of the electricity generated in the United States?
BECAUSE the solar industry lacks the communication clout that keeps traditional energy sources predominant. At the American Solar Energy Society (ASES), we’re committed to changing that.
Since 1954, ASES has been a steady presence through the ebbs and flows of political and popular support for solar. The ASES mission to inspire energy innovation and speed the transition to a sustainable energy economy has never been more important. At ASES, we believe that—with your help—we can give every American easy access to:
- The facts they need to demand action from their elected officials and utilities
- The data to advocate for solar in their homes, workplaces, and communities
- A supportive community of like-minded people locally, nationally, and internationally.
ASES has been doing all this for decades, but it is critical that we scale up our efforts NOW. We can’t do it without your help. That’s why we are launching the ASES Annual Fund Appeal. Your support of the Annual Fund will help us:
- Educate our members to be effective solar advocates.
- Expand our core programs—the National Solar Conference, SOLAR TODAY magazine, the Solar Citizen and Solar@Work e-newsletters, and the National Solar Tour—to impact more Americans.
- Increase support to our nationwide network of local chapters.
- Strengthen relationships with other U.S. and international renewable energy organizations to spread the solar message far and wide.
ASES is uniquely positioned to tell the solar story to a broad American audience. We are the ONLY grassroots U.S. renewable energy organization serving consumers and solar enthusiasts alongside academics, researchers, and solar professionals.
Do you value the accurate, reliable energy information ASES provides? Show your support—donate to ASES NOW.