Solar Decathlon Moves to California for 2013
The University of Maryland's winning entry in the U.S. Department of Energy's Solar Decathlon 2011.
The U.S. Department of Energy’s Solar Decathlon travels to California for 2013 — to the Orange County Great Park in Irvine. The 20 student teams selected to participate include nine returning teams, 11 new teams and four international teams. The teams are —
- Arizona State University with the University of New Mexico
- Czech Technical University
- Hampton University with Old Dominion University (Virginia)
- Middlebury College (Vermont)
- Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Norwich University (Vermont)
- Queen’s University with Carleton University and Algonquin College (Ontario)
- Santa Clara University (California)
- Southern California Institute of Architecture with the California Institute of Technology (California)
- Stanford University (California)
- Stevens Institute of Technology (New Jersey)
- Catholic University of America with George Washington University and American University (Washington, D.C.)
- University of North Carolina, Charlotte
- University of Texas, El Paso, with El Paso Community College
- University of Calgary (Alberta)
- University of Louisville with Ball State University and University of Kentucky
- University of Nevada Las Vegas
- University of Southern California
- Vienna University of Technology (Austria)
- West Virginia University.
The University of Maryland won the 2011 Decathlon, with Purdue University a close second. Read about last year’s event in the January/February issue of SOLAR TODAY magazine.
Photo by Jim Tetro/U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon.