Promoting your Tour is vital in creating a successful event! ASES helps promote on a national level, but Tour Organizers are needed to promote their individual tours on the local level. By using social media and tools provided from us, you can create a tour that draws hundreds of participants from around your area.
ASES helps you promote by providing:
- Year-round support and expertise to help you create a successful Tour.
- Free copies of the Tour Guide, the official guide complete with solar tips and ideas for your Tour attendees.
- Insight from dozens of organizers in the monthly organizer’s call.
- PR support & news release templates to help you get free publicity.
- Assistance in purchasing yard signs.
The 2014 promotion toolbox components are right here:
Please send the local and national press releases to your news and radio stations soon. One is more generic and the local one you can customize it for your local flavor. There is a sponsorship form if you are able to find additional local or national sponsorship.
Our final tour organizing calls are Wed Sept 10th and 24th at 4pm EDT. (800) 839-9416 and access code 7789586. Please don’t forget to send us your local tour contact email and/or website information so we can publicize it on http://nationalsolartour.org.
We’ll post and send out the tour guides when they are ready (here is the guide from the 2013 NST).
Here is the 2014 National Solar Tour Poster, which you can reproduce locally.
Here is the Owner Release Authorization to be filled out by individual locations on your tour.