440 Lakewood Dr.
Fairview, TX 75069
This is the 18th year the Westbrook House has been on the tour.
Renewable Energy Features
3.3kW Solar Electric Photovoltaic (PV) System (*New for 2013)
Equipment: (14) Sharp 240W panels with Enphase M215 microinverters
2.4kW Wind Turbine
Equipment: Southwest Windpower Skystream 2.7 on 35’ monopole
Solar Hot water
Equipment: (2) Lennox 4’x8’ flat panels, 60 gallon Marathon storage tank/water heater
• Geothermal Ground Source Pump – WaterFurnace Two Speed Unit (2 ton/4 ton) with (4) 220’ loop shafts.
• Rain water catchment – (2) 1600 gallon black poly tanks.
• Passive Solar Design – proper orientation and window locations. Proper window overhangs and strategic east and west shading.
• Cool Roof – galvalume standing-seam metal roof
• Hybrid Vehicles – 3 Toyota Prius www.enerjazz.com/prius
• Low water use landscape – 2.2 acres of native grasses and trees mostly undisturbed. One disturbed area planted with 609 Buffalo grass.
• Desiccant wheel air-to-air enthalpy wheel heat exchanger.
We designed the house with four major goals: energy-efficiency, environmental friendliness, and low maintenance, and cost effectiveness. We chose a passive solar design to keep energy use low. To learn more about efficient house design review the details of our specific design at The Westbrook House and see the results reflected in our low utility bills: http://www.enerjazz.com/house/