World Renewable Energy Forum 2012 is proud to feature these distinguished speakers in the general sessions. Check the detailed program for specific dates and times.
- Alice LeBlanc, Environmental and Economic Consulting - She will be speaking on Thursday, April 18th from 10:15-11:45. Alice LeBlanc is an economist and an independent consultant who has worked for the past twenty years to promote market mechanisms as tools to address climate change and sustainable development. Her clients have included the Urban Land Institute and other NGOs, USEPA, Government of Australia, World Bank, United Nations, Commission for Environmental Cooperation and private sector clients in the U.S., Canada and the EU.
- Patricia Hoffman, Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Energy - She will be speaking on Thursday, April 18th from 10:15-11:45. Patricia Hoffman is the Assistant Secretary for the Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability at the U.S. Department of Energy. The Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability leads the Department of Energy’s (DOE) efforts to modernize the electric grid through the development and implementation of national policy pertaining to electric grid reliability and the management of research, development, and demonstration activities for “next generation” electric grid infrastructure technologies.
- Tony Clifford, CEO, Standard Solar Inc. - He will be speaking on Friday, April 19th from 10:15-11:45. Tony Clifford is the Chief Executive Officer of Standard Solar, Inc. Since 2007 Mr. Clifford has led Standard Solar’s rapid growth into a nationally known PV developer/ EPC. Mr. Clifford began his career at Solarex Corporation, later acquired by British Petroleum and known as BP Solar.
- Eric Wesoff, Editor in Chief, Green Tech Media - Prior to joining Greentech Media, Eric Wesoff founded Sage Marketing Partners in 2000 to provide sales and marketing-consulting services to venture-capital firms and their portfolio companies in the alternative energy and telecommunications sectors. Mr. Wesoff has become a well-known, respected authority and speaker in these fields. He also was the publisher of the Venture Power newsletter, a subscription-only newsletter covering venture-capital investment in renewable energy.
- Rhone Resch, President & CEO, SEIA - He will be speaking on Friday, April 19th from 10:15-11:45.Rhone Resch is the President and CEO of the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), the national trade association of the solar energy industry in the United States. Representing an industry of over 5,000 companies and 100,000 employees, Rhone is the architect of the association's strategic priorities.
- Steven Chu, Secretary of Energy, U.S. Department of Energy - Secretary Steven Chu, Secretary of Energy, U.S. Department of Energy
- Edward Mazria, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Architecture 2030 - Edward Mazria is an internationally recognized architect, author, researcher, and educator with a long and distinguished career. His award-winning architecture and planning projects span over a forty-five year period, each employing a cutting-edge environmental approach to design. His comprehensive knowledge of design, planning, climate change and alternative energy sources are focused on a dramatic reduction […]
- Dorothy Robyn, Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Installations and Environment, U.S. Department of Defense - Dorothy Robyn became the Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Installations and Environment in July 2009. In this position, she provides management and oversight of military installations worldwide and manages environmental, safety, and occupational health programs for the Department. The Department’s installations cover some 28 million acres, with 539,000 buildings and structures valued at more […]
- Bruce Oreck, U.S. Ambassador, Finland - Bruce J. Oreck currently serves as the United States Ambassador to Finland. In that capacity, he has driven the initiation of a complete renovation of the Embassy in Helsinki with a focus on high performance and “sustainability”. For example, later this year Embassy Helsinki will open its Innovation Center – a 100 year old building […]
- Dennis Dimick, Executive Environment Editor, National Geographic - Speaking at the ASES Annual Awards Banquet. Dennis Dimick serves as executive environment editor at National Geographic magazine in Washington, D.C., where he leads coverage of energy, climate, and sustainability issues. He guided creation of a single-topic issue on global freshwater in April 2010, and architected a year-long 2011 series called “7 Billion,” on global […]
- Mike Eckhart, Managing Director & Global Head of Environmental Finance, Citigroup - Michael T. Eckhart serves as Managing Director of Institutional Clients Group at Citigroup. Mr. Eckhart served as the President of Solar International Management, Inc. He works with Citi’s corporate, investment, public and private sector clients to better understand their challenges and objectives related to environmental matters and to take advantage of market opportunities.He was the […]
- Santiago Seage, Chief Executive Officer, Abengoa Solar - Santiago is the CEO of Abengoa Solar, Abengoa’s solar power business. Abengoa Solar develops its own technology, designs and operates large solar power plants. Currently Abengoa Solar has around 500 megawatts (MW) in operation, including the first two commercial solar power towers worldwide, close to 1000MW under construction and many more under development around the […]
- Abdulaziz Othman Altwaijri, Director General, Islamic Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO) - Dr. Abdulaziz Othman Altwaijiri serves as the Director General of the Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO) based in Morocco. He began his service as Director General of the organization upon election in 1991 and has been re-elected four times. Additionally, Altwaijiri serves as Secretary General of the Federation of the Universities of […]
- John Hickenlooper, Governor, State of Colorado - A geologist-turned brewpub pioneer who had never run for political office (not even student council) before being elected Mayor of Denver in 2003, John Hickenlooper was elected Governor of Colorado in November 2010. He took office two months later. His ambition for the state is even bigger than his name. Gov. Hickenlooper, drawing on his […]
- Dan Arvizu, Director, National Renewable Energy Laboratory - Dr. Dan Arvizu has been the Director and Chief Executive of the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) since January 15, 2005. NREL, in Golden, Colorado, began operations in 1977 and is the DOE’s primary laboratory for energy efficiency and renewable energy research and development. NREL is operated for DOE by […]
- Mohamed El-Ashry, Senior Fellow, UN Foundation - Dr. El-Ashry is Senior Fellow with the UN Foundation. He has served as CEO and Chairman of the Global Environment Facility (GEF), which he helped to establish, from 1994 to 2003. He has also served as Chief Environmental Adviser to the President and Director of the Environment Department at the World Bank, as Senior Vice […]
- Jacques Kimman, Professor of Renewable Energy, Zuyd University - Jacques Kimman was born in 1956 and is currently professor in Renewable Energy at Zuyd University in Heerlen, The Netherlands. After finishing his PhD in Amsterdam on multi- photon laser spectroscopy, he worked on industrial R&D at IBM and Océ. In 1992 he became programme manager for solar energy research in the Netherlands. As head […]
- Michael Bennet, United States Senator, Colorado - Michael F. Bennet was elected United States Senator for Colorado in November 2010. A newcomer to politics with experience in business and public service, he is widely-recognized as a pragmatic, innovative and independent thinker driven by a deep-seated obligation to create more opportunity for the next generation. A Lifetime Outside of Politics Before his appointment […]
- Cary Kennedy, Deputy Mayor, City and County of Denver - Cary Kennedy serves as the City and County of Denver’s Chief Financial Officer, and was appointed as Deputy Mayor by Mayor Michael Hancock on August 23, 2011. Previously, Cary served as State Treasurer in Colorado, a post to which she was first elected in 2006. Before running for Treasurer, Cary was budget analyst in Colorado […]
PROMOTIONAL SPONSORS and SUPPORTERS