SOLARTODAY May 20, 2014
Hello, SOLAR TODAY subscriber –
The May-June issue of SOLAR TODAY is now available. Click here to read it online.
It’s our annual Transportation Issue, featuring:
- Seventh Annual Efficient Cars Roundup
- Sales of plug-ins and hybrids grew 21 percent in 2013, to 592,232 cars and light trucks. That’s 3.8 percent of the new car fleet. If ElectricDrive were a car company, it would rank eighth in U.S. sales!
- Building a Fleet of Electric-Drive Cars
- Steven Strong couldn’t wait for the big factories, so he built his own company fleet.
- Biofuels Progress
- As ethanol stalls, the military and airlines push hard for new biojet fuels. That means more biodiesel. Where will the feedstock grow?
- Tesla Gigafactory foretells a boom in geothermal power. It’s all about the lithium.
- Solar Net-Zero Elevator
Plus: 60 Years of Science: Prelude to the Embargo
Fossil fuels were cheap after World War II. Governments saw no reason to invest in clean energy. But nuclear power was a cold war propaganda weapon.
Now save money when you join or renew with your state chapter at the same time you join or renew ASES.
ASES joins with participating chapters in offering a combined membership for $60. That saves at least $10/year with most chapters.
This offer is valid for these chapters only:
- Northern California
- New Mexico
- New York
Begin the membership process, and at the check-out page choose your chapter. It’s easy!
And . . . if you choose automatic renewal, you’ll keep this discount forever – and never be bothered with a renewal reminder again!
For more information about basic, professional and business memberships, click here.
Join us at the ASES National Solar Conference in San Francisco, July 6-10!