By Maureen MCINTYRE January 24, 2015
ASES celebrates its 60th birthday this year. For six decades, ASES has been a steady presence through the ebbs and flows of political and popular support for solar.
ASES’ work has never been more important than it is today, and it is critical that we scale up our efforts dramatically at this pivotal moment in U.S. energy history. Renewable energy technologies and strategies are making clear inroads into the marketplace, but there is still a great deal to be done.
This holiday season, please make a generous, tax-deductible donation to ASES. Even modest gifts move us toward our goals. With your help, we can give Americans easy access to:
- The facts they need to demand action from their elected officials and utilities;
- The data to advocate for solar in their homes, workplaces, and communities;
- Clear explanations of complex energy policies to help solar advocates make informed choices in the marketplace and in the voting booth; and
- A supportive community of like-minded people locally, nationally, and internationally.
You may donate unrestricted funds to support ASES operations through the ASES Annual Fund or direct your contribution to a specific activity or outcome:
- Relaunch SOLAR TODAY magazine to focus on building public support for solar and clean energy technologies and policies (my personal favorite!);
- Develop academic affiliations to grow the ASES Emerging Professionals
- Program, foster relationships with colleges and universities, and expedite students’ transition into clean energy jobs;
- Develop a 2020 strategic plan to foster organizational development and membership growth; or
- Support the 60-Year History of ASES Project to digitize ASES archives and offer free online access to preserve the ASES legacy and promote energy literacy.
If you contribute to the relaunch of SOLAR TODAY, we will use your gift to:
- Redesign and refocus SOLAR TODAY to build public support for solar technologies and policies;
- Expand and deepen our coverage of the role of clean energy technologies and policies in mitigating climate change;
- Grow the SOLAR TODAY audience through strategic partnerships with renewable energy and other like-minded organizations as well as carefully targeted subscription promotion;
- Publish success stories, debates, and interviews with solar and energy luminaries to inspire and energize readers and make them effective, informed clean energy advocates;
- Update the SOLAR TODAY website to archive this information in an accessible, user-friendly, searchable format and make solartoday.org the go-to resource for solar activists; and
- Expand and enhance our social media presence to allow us to establish and grow our audience among young solar professionals and advocates as well as disseminate news and information in real time.
Here’s how to donate:
- Go to ases.org/donate;If your gift is for the Annual Fund, click on the “Donate Now” button near the Annual Fund description;
- If you wish to support a specific effort, scroll down to Major Gifts and Foundation Grants;
- Choose your preference from the drop-down “Designate my gift to” menu; and
- Click on the “Donate Now” button.
- Fill out the rest of the information on that page and click on “Donate Now.”
- To donate by mail, send a check to:
2525 Arapahoe Ave, Ste E4-253
Boulder, CO 80302
Thank you for considering a gift to ASES and SOLAR TODAY during this giving season. For more information about donating to ASES, contact Carly Rixham (email@example.com).
For more information about supporting the relaunch of SOLAR TODAY magazine, contact Maureen McIntyre (firstname.lastname@example.org).