by Carly Rixham June 19, 2014
For immediate release
Attention: Renewable Energy Professional and Advocates
SOLAR 2014: National Solar Conference Features 210 Papers, Panels
The 43rd National Solar Conference (SOLAR 2014), hosted by the American Solar Energy Society in San Francisco (July 6-10), will feature a rich variety of presentations on recent developments in renewable energy research, finance and policy.
The program includes 210 papers and panels, by scientists, finance experts, architects and engineers from 21 nations around the world.
- Advances in wind turbine design and offshore wind power management
- Issues in siting solar farms along highways and at airports
- Microgrid design for community disaster resilience
- Transportation: Biodiesel production and solar for electric vehicle charging
- Water conservation in energy production, and solar power for desalinization
For more information, and to register, go to http://solar2014.org. Architects earn AIA Learning Units at SOLAR 2013. Professional members of ASES are eligible for a 25% discount on registration; Student Professional members are eligible for a 50% discount. To join ASES, go to https://ases.org
SOLAR 2014 co-locates this year with Intersolar North America. Registration at SOLAR 2014 includes admission to the ISNA trade show and conference events.
Tracks at SOLAR 2014:
- Resource Assessment and Integration
- Passive Solar Buildings and Technologies
- Solar Thermal Technologies
- Concentrated Solar Power
- Sustainability, Water & Energy
- Distributed Wind
- Sustainable Transportation and Biofuels
Established in 1954, the nonprofit American Solar Energy Society (ASES) is the nation’s leading association of renewable energy professionals and advocates. ASES is the United States Section of the International Solar Energy Society (ISES). Our mission is to speed the transition to a sustainable energy economy.
- ASES publishes the award-winning SOLAR TODAY magazine, and the newsletters Solar@Work (for renewable energy professionals) and Solar Citizen (for renewable energy advocates).
- We organize and present the ASES National Solar Conference, and publish its Proceedings.
- We lead the ASES National Solar Tour – the largest grassroots solar event in the world.
ASES brings the renewable energy communities together with:
- Regional chapters in 41 states and the District of Columbia
- 7 Student Chapters at colleges across the country
- 9 Technical Divisions, with academic and engineering members from all disciplines, to serve as a clearing house for basic research across all renewable-energy and energy-efficiency technologies